Art Blakey: "I don't wear a hearing aid on the bandstand. I play by vibrations - it worked for Beethoven" – (Down Beat December 1988).
Ralph Hutchinson: "I thought I'd gone as far musically back home [Newcastle/UK] and I wanted to get ahead of the boys. I wanted to hear Parker and Gillespie and Kenton." – (Down Beat, November 18, 1949).
Posting a comment.
1) Click on comments (at the foot of the posting.).
2) In the window that appears Click on...O Name/URL.
3) Type your name in the box (URL is optional).
4) Click on Publish your comment..
5) Type the jumbled word verification if asked.
Alternatively, email me - email@example.com.