Bebop Spoken There
Frank Tate: “Travelling’s part of life. It just goes with the job. It’s in one’s best interests, I think, to enjoy it, because it’s sure what you’re gonna be doing!” – (Jazz Journal February 1992)
Joe Temperley"I was on the bus as Carney's replacement. I said to Harold Ashby 'Where are we going?' He answered 'What difference does it make?' " - (Jazz UK January 2013.)
Today Sunday January 22
Sunday, January 22, 2017
Saturday, January 21, 2017
Friday, January 20, 2017
The opening number is said to going to be My Way. When the Sinatra family was asked if that would be okay, Nancy Sinatra replied (I'm told) 'Sure, just remember the first line' - And now, the end is near...
Thursday, January 19, 2017
Wednesday, January 18, 2017
- Graeme Wilson Quintet @ Opus 4, Travellers Rest, D...
- RIP Terry Cryer
- Triggerlawross @ The Jazz Café. Jan 20 - and a wed...
- Washington and Donald Swing
- CD Review: Miguel Zenon - Tipico
- CD Review: Audrey Silver - Very Early
- Songbook - The Performers, Band Leaders, Arrangers...
- Moonlighting Season 2 Episode 4 The Dream Sequence...
- CD Review: Benedikt Jahnel Trio – Invariant
- Jazz Café Jam Session - January 17.
- CD Review: John Abercrombie Quartet – Up and Comi...
- Jazz Café Press Release
- The Whisky Glass Blues - Scott Black & Red Pellin...
- James (The Mesmeriser) Harrison & Friends. Saltbur...
- Film review: La La Land
- Alan Glen Trio @ The Globe Jazz Bar - January 12.
- Tonight @ The Globe.
- Nothing unlucky about being in Saltburn on Friday ...
- New Kid on the Block.
- Jazz Record Requests Returns to Sage Gateshead
- Death of a Legend. RIP Buddy Greco (August 14, 192...
- Nat Hentoff (June 10, 1925 - January 7, 2017)
- Full Marks To Caffè Nero At South Shields ...
- CD Review: The Fred Hughes Trio - Matrix
- Vintage Chart toppers
- Take it to the Bridge @ The Globe - January 4
- Zoe Gilby (vocal)/ Alan Law (piano) @ The Jazz Caf...
- Hong Kong Calling...
- New Jam in Billingham
- Jazz North East and Dutch Performing Arts present ...
- CD Review: Ron Boustead - Unlikely Valentine
- 2016 – The Year in Vinyl by Steve T.
- Jazz Mags Looking for a Home
- Bongo Boy And Butt Girl - An In Chanting Couple (A...
- Dave Shepherd (February 7, 1929 - December 15, 201...
- Makes it all worth while!
- Paul Skerritt Band
- A Look at 2016
- Blame it on their youth
- Preview: Southport Jazz Festival @ Royal Clifton H...
- CD Review: Alex Levine Quartet - Towards the Cente...
- NCRO Tickets Now on Sale
- ▼ January ( 43 )
- ► 2016 ( 990 )
- ► 2015 ( 1022 )
- ► 2014 ( 1036 )
- ► 2013 ( 1099 )
- ► 2012 ( 1004 )
- ► 2011 ( 899 )
- ► 2010 ( 912 )
- ► 2009 ( 772 )
About this blog - contact details.
Not a very original title, I know; not even an accurate one as my taste, whilst centred around the music of Bird and Diz, extends in many directions and I listen to everything from King Oliver to Chick Corea and beyond. Not forgetting the Great American Songbook the contents of which has provided the inspiration for much great jazz and quality popular singing for round about a century.
The idea of this blog is for you to share your thoughts and pass on your comments on discs, gigs, jazz - music in general. If you've been to a gig/concert or heard a CD that knocked you sideways please share your views with us. Tell us about your favourites, your memories, your dislikes.
Lance (Who wishes it to be known that he is not responsible for postings other than his own and that he's not always responsible for them.)