 |
| © Sheila |
Having seen the band on several of their previous visits I was primed for an enjoyable evening of tango jazz - a combination of genres that works well. Then the rumble of thunder became a roar and lightning crackled across the sky so I decided to take a 'raincheck' and instead tuned into djazz and watched live concerts by Jamie Cullum and Jazzmeia Horn - I should have braved the weather!*
Fortunately Sheila Herrick is of sterner stuff than I, taking the above photo and adding a review:
An exciting audio trip to Argentina by a dynamic and tight quartet on their European tour, Germany yesterday, Fishguard tomorrow. Tonight at The Globe for their fifth visit. Initially with the Sotavento Big Band in 2017.
Rangy and dynamic pieces including those by Astor Piazzolla, Osvaldo Fresedo, Hector Stamponi, Pedro Laurenc.
The set was much enjoyed by the audience who appreciated the quality of musicianship. Sheila
*In fairness I've heard both Jamie and Jazzmeia on other occasions and really enjoyed them - JC in concert at Sage Gateshead (now Glasshouse) and JH on YouTube. Lance
No comments :
Post a Comment