| © Jeff Pritchard |
I've done so many reviews on Dean that I'm running out of words to describe his playing. Likewise Richard Wetherall who is also seen at many of the Moor Club gigs. These two musicians attracted a larger than normal turnout and I noticed many friends and plenty of regular jazz fans amongst the audience.
A person who is making a name for himself in the north west and elsewhere is bass player Joshua C-B. He has been most impressive on every gig I've seen him on. Dave Walsh is well known as an educator and is also one of a few drummers that are always in demand. I liked his brush work on the wonderful ballad You've Changed which happens to be a favourite tune of mine.
This was not the only ballad of the evening Dean gave us his version of the much played classic Body and Soul by Johnny Green. When I first heard it by Coleman Hawkins on a 78rpm disc it was a life-changing experience but Dean did a great job and again well done Dave Walsh for first class brushwork.
No jazz next Sunday as the Moor Club is closed for a summer break. Mike Farmer
On Green Dolphin Street; Hushabye; There
Will Never Be Another You; Body and Soul; St Thomas; Fried Bananas; The Jamfs
are Coming; Dino's Calypso; You've Changed; Backchat.
No comments :
Post a Comment