Bebop Spoken There
Today Friday February 27
Monday, May 06, 2013
CD Review: Under Your Spell: Thisbe Vos
- ► 2014 ( 1036 )
- 10 Favourite Jazz Autobiographies
- CD Review: Spiritual Jazz Vol 4 - Americans in Eur...
- CD Launch. Dan Nicholls - Ruins. The Vortex June 1...
- Bennett Bulletin (Not Tony - the other one).
- Pete Gilligan and Friends/Zoe Gilby @ Hoochie Cooc...
- Last Night at Hoochie Tonight
- CUSP @ The Cluny. May 28, 2013
- Film Review ‘Beware of Mr Baker’ Director Jay Bulg...
- Hannabiell @ The Star Inn, Newcastle.
- Otriad @ Bridge Hotel, Newcastle. May 26 , 2013
- RIP Mulgrew Miller.
- CD Review: Arne Jansen – The Sleep of Reason, Ode ...
- CD Review: Ira Wiggins - When Freedom Swings.
- CD Review: Moss Project: What Do You See When You ...
- Redemption Jazz
- Claire Martin, Joe Stilgoe, Mark McGann, Northern ...
- Thinking Allowed - A History of Live Music from th...
- James Birkett & Bradley Johnston @ Sage Gateshead....
- RIP Ed Shaughnessy.
- CD Review: Keith Jarrett/Gary Peacock/Jack DeJohne...
- CD Review: Yoron Israel - Visions: The Music of St...
- Tonight on BBC4
- Lucian Ban & Mat Maneri @ The Recital Room, Newcas...
- Dropping Bombs @ Hoochie Coochie May 23.
- CD Review: Worldservice Project – Fire in a Pet Sh...
- Slowlight Quartet @ The Star Inn, Westgate Rd., Ne...
- SAGE GATESHEAD UNVEILS PATRONS SUPPORTING FUNDRAIS...
- New Band in the North East.
- CD Review: Man Overboard - All Hands on Deck
- Farewell Heather Jane Arthur
- Rebecca Parris Tells it Like it is (on F/b)
- Preview: Two of us: Celebrating the Lennon and McC...
- Lewis West @ The Recital Room, Newcastle Universit...
- Ukulele River Girl Song by Gordon F. Phillips.
- Curtis Stigers @ Sage Gateshead
- CD Review: Raquel Cepeda - I'm Confessin'
- Harambee Pasadia North East Saturday 25th to Sund...
- When in Shields Do as the Romans Do!!
- Timecraft Tour Details
- Soul Snippets
- Glasgow Jazz Festival June 19 - June 27.
- Soweto's Stolen Sax Surfaces
- Lindsay Hannon Plus Plus @ Hoochie Coochie May 16....
- Heather Arthur Funeral.
- Mike Papapavlou’s Finals Recital @ Newcastle Unive...
- Chop Sticks for Zoe
- Daryl Sherman
- Theo Jackson
- Mike Papapavlou's Degree Finals Recital - Details
- Paul Gowland Quartet @ The Star Inn. May 15.
- CD Review: World Behind Your Eyes: Lynn Jolicoeur ...
- CD Review: Deborah Latz - Fig Tree.
- CD Review: Pat Metheny – Tap: John Zorn’s Book of ...
- CD Review: Laszlo Gardony - Clarity
- Video from Bute by John Taylor.
- Lewis Watson Quartet @ The Cherry Tree May 13.
- WJRK – 1984 to 2013
- Claire’s Big Apple warm up gigs ahead of Sage gig
- Miles Ahead by BOP @ Tyne Theatre May 5, 2013
- Maine Street Jazzmen @ Seaton Sluice & District So...
- Gabriel Mit Drei @ Bridge Hotel, Newcastle May 12....
- The Jazzman - Keith Crombie Documentary
- CD Review: Tatterdemalion Rachel Musson/Mark Sande...
- Peter Ninnim -"New kid on the block"
- Watson Walker Edis @ The Lit & Phil. May 10, 2013
- Leo Harwood Memorabilia
- Big Bear Stompers @ Customs House South Shields Ma...
- Stravena @ Hoochie Coochie 8/5/13
- BBC 4 Tonight
- Glasgow Jazz Festival 2013 Program
- 2013 Parliamentary Jazz Awards - Result
- CD Review: Gene Ess - Fractal Attraction.
- CD Review : MYRIAD3 - TELL
- Hot Club Gone Cold
- Newport, Rhode Island.
- Chilli News
- CD Review: Under Your Spell: Thisbe Vos
- CD Review - Lacuna: Talk on the Step
- Today on ITV from 10:00pm to 10:55pm
- Bassic Laughter
- Tim Kliphuis Trio - The Gypsy Seasons @ The Sage. ...
- Swing City Trio @ Ashington Jazz Club May 1.
- Miles Ahead
- Peter Volpe.
- You, Can't Take the Ale Train...
- Fiddles on Fire - Preview: Tim Kliphuis Trio - The...
- The Collective @ Hoochie Coochie May 2.
- The Greyish Quartet @ The Cluny. April 30, 2013
- Paul Edis Sextet @ King's Hall, Newcastle Uni. May...
- Heather Arthur Latest
- MoPoMoSo @ Summerhill Bowling Club. April 29, 2013...
- Debra Milne Ensemble @ The Star + Jam Session
- Local Singer Tragically Killed
- Stolen Sax.
- ▼ May ( 95 )
- ► 2012 ( 1004 )
- ► 2011 ( 899 )
- ► 2010 ( 912 )
- ► 2009 ( 772 )
About this blog - contact details.
Not a very original title, I know; not even an accurate one as my taste, whilst centred around the music of Bird and Diz, extends in many directions and I listen to everything from King Oliver to Chick Corea and beyond. Not forgetting the Great American Songbook the contents of which has provided the inspiration for much great jazz and quality popular singing for round about a century.
The idea of this blog is for you to share your thoughts and pass on your comments on discs, gigs, jazz - music in general. If you've been to a gig/concert or heard a CD that knocked you sideways please share your views with us. Tell us about your favourites, your memories, your dislikes.
Lance (Who wishes it to be known that he is not responsible for postings other than his own and that he's not always responsible for them.)
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org I look forward to hearing from you.
Posting a Comment
Posting a comment.
1) Click on comments (at the foot of the posting.).
2) In the window that appears Click on...O Name/URL.
3) Type your name in the box (URL is optional).
4) Click on Publish your comment..
5) Type the jumbled word verification if asked.
Alternatively, email me - email@example.com.