Bebop Spoken There
Sandy Williams: "When they took us to jail a second time, everyone took a bottle from the [speakeasy] bar. They had all the chorus girls downstairs and the band upstairs. We raised so much hell, I think they were glad to see the back of us." - (Down Beat April 4 1968).
Roberto Fonseca: ”In my first group, I played drums. It was a Beatles group. I was Ringo!” - (Down Beat October 2013).
Today Monday September 1
Classic Jazz, Raffles and a jolly afternoon.
Tuesday, November 30, 2010
Monday, November 29, 2010
Sunday, November 28, 2010
Saturday, November 27, 2010
Friday, November 26, 2010
Thursday, November 25, 2010
Wednesday, November 24, 2010
Tuesday, November 23, 2010
Monday, November 22, 2010
Sunday, November 21, 2010
Saturday, November 20, 2010
Friday, November 19, 2010
Thursday, November 18, 2010
Wednesday, November 17, 2010
Tuesday, November 16, 2010
Monday, November 15, 2010
Sunday, November 14, 2010
Saturday, November 13, 2010
Friday, November 12, 2010
Thursday, November 11, 2010
Wednesday, November 10, 2010
- ► 2014 ( 705 )
- ► 2013 ( 1099 )
- ► 2012 ( 1004 )
- ► 2011 ( 899 )
- What I Did Instead of Going to see Sons of Brubeck...
- Brubecks Play Brubeck @ The Sage, Gateshead
- World Service Project @ Splinter @ The Bridge Hote...
- MARTIN TAYLOR CANCELLED!
- NO SCHMAZZ TONIGHT
- Memories of Dave Brubeck
- Wednesday at Ashington CANCELLED!
- Chilli CANCELLED - Wednesday.
- Review: Branded by Brass Jaw
- Arts Centre, Darlington CANCELLED Tonight.
- Cherry Tree Jazz CANCELLED Tonight
- Corner House CANCELLED Tonight
- New Album From The Pimps
- Soul Brothers - Ray Charles/Milt Jackson
- Vintage Melody Makers.
- Brubeck is Brewing
- Killer Shrimp @ Corner House, Newcastle. November ...
- Brenda Update - Single Recorded
- Mick Beck and Phil Marks @ Bridge Hotel, Newcastle...
- Jammin' The Blues
- Remembering Malcolm Saul
- Maine Street Jazzmen @ Rosie's
- Singing Pensioner - Final Tonight.
- Bebop Spoken Here Interviews Darius Brubeck
- Ruth Lambert @ The Cherry Tree Restaurant, Jesmond...
- Tonight @ The Cherry Tree Restaurant, Jesmond.
- Claire Martin @ Early Music Centre, York. Sunday 2...
- Tim Kliphuis Trio Mini North-east/west Tour
- Rod Sinclair & Jim Birkett @ The Bridge Hotel, New...
- Jazz Café Jam
- If You Like Good Music Then Tonight's Your Night.
- Thank you Colin.
- We're really very modest but...
- Zoe Gilby Split Personality?
- My Heart Belongs to Darlo! PAUL EDIS SEXTET at OPU...
- Gerry Richardson's Big Idea @ Corner House, Newcas...
- LJF News - ARTHUR H CANCELLED
- Samuel Seftons' Photo Exhibition @ Kings Place
- Chucho Valdes & The Afro-Cuban Messengers + Ibrahi...
- Barb Jungr (vocals) Simon Wallace (Piano) The Sag...
- Emilia Martensson @ The Spice of Life
- Norma Winstone Trio/Charles Lloyd Quartet @ The Ba...
- John Etheridge @ The Royal Albert Hall Café Consor...
- Tonight @ The Sage, Gateshead.
- More Jazz Festival
- London Jazz Festival - Cedar Walton Trio @ Ronnie ...
- London Jazz Festival Update - STRAYHORN THE SONGWR...
- Hong Kong Happenings from Colin
- More from the Penguin Jazz Guide
- Mike Gilby Latest
- VOTNJO - Simply The Best!
- Happy Birthday to Keith and Café
- Preview - Lewis Watson Quartet @ The Cherry Tree
- News Flash! TRIMMERS GIG TRIMMED!
- Mississippi Dreamboats @ Airport Church, Blakelaw,...
- SURREAL! VOTNJO @ The Bridge Tonight
- Down on the Jersey Shore
- Django Spins in his Grave.
- Huddersfield Hot-Line
- Brenda Sokell Live
- More Penguin Pontifications
- New Jazz Gig in South Shields
- The Maine Street Jazzmen @ Rosie Malone's, South S...
- Student Performances @ King's Hall, Newcastle Univ...
- ACV @ Kings Hall, Newcastle Uni.
- Free gig Newcastle University.
- Hugh Masekela & The Mahotellah Queens @ The Sage, ...
- Brenda Sokell - The Singing Pensioner
- Gateshead International Jazz Festival details rele...
- Masekela at The Sage - Tonight!
- Another gem from the Penguin Jazz Guide
- Free Thinker: Soweto Kinch - Freedom: A Guide To L...
- Catatumbo @ The Bridge Hotel. Sunday 7th November
- Zoe Gilby Trio@ The Black Horse, Monkseaton, Satur...
- Tonight @ The Cherry Tree
- Spaulding is Scalding.
- Ned Kelly Big Band News From Hong Kong
- Interest Free Recording Loans.
- Ruth Lambert & Her Trio @ Ashington Jazz Club Nov....
- Review: The Penguin Jazz Guide by James Morton & R...
- Next Year at Bude
- London Jazz Festival News
- There's a Swing City Trio and an Enrico Tomasso at...
- Gunpowder, Treason and Plot - Not!
- Arnie Somogyi - Scenes in the City: The Music of C...
- Maine Street Jazzmen at Rosie Malone's
- James Moody Battles Cancer
- Tonight at Gateshead Old Town Hall - Reincarnation...
- Customs House Big Band New Crown Hotel South Shiel...
- Max Roach Poster info wanted.
- UK Jazz Radio
- Life in the Jazz Lane
- Ruby Braff on pianists.
- Bargain Tonight @ The New Crown
- Tonight @ The Cherry Tree
- Jazz In Scotland
- Update on Redcar Jazz Club
- Horn Dogs are Top Dogs @ The Bridge
- Plenty Time For No Time For Jive @ The Magnesia Ba...
- ▼ November ( 100 )
- ► 2009 ( 772 )
Posting a Comment
Posting a comment.
1) Click on comments (at the foot of the posting.).
2) In the window that appears Click on...O Name/URL.
3) Type your name in the box (URL is optional).
4) Click on PUBLISH YOUR COMMENT.
5) Type the jumbled word verification if asked.
Alternatively, email me - firstname.lastname@example.org.
About this blog - contact details.
Not a very original title, I know; not even an accurate one as my taste, whilst centred around the music of Bird and Diz, extends in many directions and I listen to everything from King Oliver to Chick Corea and beyond. Not forgetting the Great American Songbook the contents of which has provided the inspiration for much great jazz and quality popular singing for round about a century.
The idea of this blog is for you to share your thoughts and pass on your comments on discs, gigs, jazz - music in general. If you've been to a gig/concert or heard a CD that knocked you sideways please share your views with us. Tell us about your favourites, your memories, your dislikes.
Lance (Who wishes it to be known that he is not responsible for postings other than his own and that he's not always responsible for them.)
Contact: email@example.com I look forward to hearing from you.