BERLIN RADIO FESTIVAL 2026
I've just returned from the Berlin Radio Festival, where my audio short Nothing but hope was shortlisted for the MikroFlitzer competition. Truly inspired and uplifted by all the fantastic audio pieces and the enthusiastic audio makers, I am now looking forward to the second season of RADIOPHONICx, communal listening event at Cobalt studios.
RADIOPHONICX - Season 2026/27
Yes, we are back with more outstanding international audio plays and sound art.
RADIOPHONICx is the only event in the north east dedicated to international radio and sound art. Celebrating a 100 year old art form, which resulted directly from the invention of a new communication medium, the radio.
From October to January Cobalt Studios will be hosting RADIOPHONICx, the communal listening event, once a month on a Saturday afternoon from 2 till 4pm.
This is a unique opportunity to listen together to award winning, international audio plays and sound art in a relaxed atmosphere. I have selected a variety of plays from Czech Republic, Germany, Georgia, Italy, Iran, Netherlands, Poland, Slovenia, Spain, and the UK. All foreign works will be presented with specially produced English subtitles via video screening.
Save the dates: Always on a Saturday from 2 till 4pm at Cobalt Studios.
17. October 2026 - Unheard-of Journeys - listening into outer space
21. November 2026 - Interference - waves of conflict
19. December 2026 - Beneath the surface - sounds of nature
30. January 2027 - Rewind - treasured memories
Audience feed back from the first RADIOPHONICx season:
‘A marvellous event I learned so much. Will find out more and return to future events.’
‘Fascinating event. I wouldn’t have engaged with this kind of art otherwise.’
‘What a wonderful immersive experience! It gave me a lot to think about and take home with me.’
Gabriele
No comments :
Post a Comment