Bebop Spoken There
Ray Anderson: “When I started listening to the Ellington trombones, it was all over.” – (Jazz Times October 2015).
Philip Larkin: "Let-Me-Out Department: the Melody Maker now has monthly reviews of Cage, Stockhausen et al. A case for a change of name?" - (Daily Telegraph April 18, 1970).
Today Thursday November 26
Vieux Carré Jazzmen - The Victory, Killingworth Road, South Gosforth, Newcastle upon Tyne NE3 1SY. 1:00pm. Free.
Wednesday, November 25, 2015
Tuesday, November 24, 2015
Monday, November 23, 2015
Gerry Richardson (vcls/Hammond SK2); Rod Sinclair (gtr); Sue Ferris (fl/ten/bar); Garry Linsley (fl/ten/bar); Stuart Johnson (ten/sop); Dave Hignett/Mark Webb (tpt); David Gray (tmb); Paul Smith (dms).
Sunday, November 22, 2015
(Review by Lance/Photos courtesy of Ken Drew).
Saturday, November 21, 2015
- Inner Space Music @ the Jazz Café - Nov. 24.
- LINE-UP REVEALED FOR GATESHEAD INTERNATIONAL JAZZ ...
- CD Review: Steve Fishwick/Osian Roberts/Frank Basi...
- Jones Remembers Herbie Goins…and Nigel Stanger
- CD Review: Malija – The Day I Had Everything
- Gerry Richardson's Big Idea @ Hoochie Coochie - No...
- Mesmeric Metamorphic Rolls with Røyst @ Newcastle...
- Maciek Pysz Trio @ The Globe Jazz Bar - Nov. 22
- Paul Edis - Not Like Me / Just Like Me Album Launc...
- CD Review: Jacob Varmus Septet - Aegean.
- 2 million not out!
- CD Review: Peter Ehwald - Double Trouble Live.
- CD Review: Maciek Pysz - A Journey
- Jo Lawry and Will Vinson @ Sage Gateshead.
- The Unheard Sinatra
- DVD Review: Frank Sinatra at The Royal Festival Ha...
- Some Cats Know
- Zoe Gilby’s Stronger Jazz Voices; End of Term Gig;...
- Jazz Café Jam Session Nov. 17
- The Poetry of Jazz
- This Sunday (Nov. 22) @ Hoochie - Gerry Richardson...
- Keith Stephen’s Hot Club Trio with Caroline Irwin ...
- Arts Council England award Norvol Jazz £32,000
- Voshtina & Williams @ The Jazz Café – Nov.14
- HOOCHIE COOCHIE.DFDS & JUMPIN HOT CLUB PRESENT.......
- CD Review: Menno Daams' Unaccounted Four - Playgro...
- CD Review: National Youth Jazz Orchestra - NYJO FI...
- Blind Monk @ The Jazz Café - Nov. 13
- Laura Jurd's Dinosaur/Lab Trio @ the Lit and Phil ...
- London-centric Jazz Radio?
- Zoe Gilby - Take Five
- Pilgrim St. Set @ Hoochie Coochie - Nov. 12
- BBC Music Jazz
- CD Review: Alex Merritt Quartet - Anatta.
- A Weekend in New York
- RIP Allen Toussaint.
- John Wilson Orchestra w. Matthew Ford & Louise Dea...
- Tipping Point & Long Lonesome Go @ Bridge Hotel Ne...
- Mike Durham’s Classic Jazz Party – Village Hotel, ...
- CD Review: Barbara Dennerlein - Christmas Soul
- Master of the Glen Returns to the Chilli
- CD Revview: Vula Viel: Good is Good
- Jazz Record Requests @ Sage Gateshead - Nov. 7
- Samuel Eagles Quartet @ The Globe Jazz Bar - Nov. ...
- Jo Harrop & Paul Edis @ The Jazz Café – November 6...
- Jazz for Free Thinkers @ Sage Gateshead
- Jazz Record Requests goes Live this afternoon
- Jo Harrop Quartet @ The Gala Theatre, Durham. Nov ...
- Mike Durham's Classic Jazz Party - Village Hotel. ...
- Jazz and Poetry at J.G.Windows Ltd. Central Arcade...
- Jo Harrop Quartet @ The Cherry Tree, Jesmond. Nov....
- Student Performances @ Culture Lab – November 5
- Dave Milligan Trio @ Brunswick Methodist Church – ...
- Reeve, Hall & Miles
- Jo Harrop @ Cherry Tree and my saga of misadventur...
- EP review: Simon Taylor & the Sundowners - New Yor...
- Jazz Record Requests - Sage Gatehead, Nov. 7
- CD Review: Ernie Krivda - Requiem for a Jazz Lady....
- Jazz Café Jam Session - Nov. 3
- Some Local Jazz History
- RIP Des Greenwell
- Paul Dunmall/Tony Bianco @ The Bridge Hotel, Newca...
- Cormac Loane's 60th Birthday @ the Old Joint Stock...
- Jo Harrop - The Home Town Tour
- CD Review: Tim Richards Hextet - Telegraph Hill
- Circumnavigate your way round to The Globe this Sa...
- Folk Meets Jazz @ The Globe on Fireworks Night
- Ray Johnson & Tom Lapworth @ The Jazz Café – Octob...
- Situation Vacant
- Buck Clayton Legacy Band @Sage Gateshead – a posts...
- ▼ November ( 70 )
- ► 2014 ( 1036 )
- ► 2013 ( 1099 )
- ► 2012 ( 1004 )
- ► 2011 ( 899 )
- ► 2010 ( 912 )
- ► 2009 ( 772 )
About this blog - contact details.
Not a very original title, I know; not even an accurate one as my taste, whilst centred around the music of Bird and Diz, extends in many directions and I listen to everything from King Oliver to Chick Corea and beyond. Not forgetting the Great American Songbook the contents of which has provided the inspiration for much great jazz and quality popular singing for round about a century.
The idea of this blog is for you to share your thoughts and pass on your comments on discs, gigs, jazz - music in general. If you've been to a gig/concert or heard a CD that knocked you sideways please share your views with us. Tell us about your favourites, your memories, your dislikes.
Lance (Who wishes it to be known that he is not responsible for postings other than his own and that he's not always responsible for them.)
Posting a Comment
Posting a comment.
1) Click on comments (at the foot of the posting.).
2) In the window that appears Click on...O Name/URL.
3) Type your name in the box (URL is optional).
4) Click on Publish your comment..
5) Type the jumbled word verification if asked.
Alternatively, email me - email@example.com.