Bebop Spoken There
Today Thursday March 5
VIEUX CARRE JAZZMEN - The Millstone, Haddricks Mill Rd., South Gosforth, NE3 1QL. 1:00pm. 0191 2853429. FREE.
New Orleans in nice pub with 4 real ales, good food and a banjo!
Good Time jazz with vocals by Olive.
Friday, March 06, 2015
Thursday, March 05, 2015
Wednesday, March 04, 2015
Tuesday, March 03, 2015
Monday, March 02, 2015
(Review by Lance)
- Azymuth @ Hoochie Coochie = March 5
- Success for National Jazz Archive ‘Story of Britis...
- Dean Stockdale and Dave Newton at The Globe!
- King's Hall Preview
- Jazz Clubs World Wide
- Jammin' @ The Caff - March 3
- Did You Go Agogo?
- Three Days and Counting to the Big Band Event of t...
- CD Review: Phil Donkin – The Gate
- Folk Meets Jazz @ the Globe: Coming This Thursday ...
- CD Review: Mal Waldren Trio - Soul Eyes
- Splinter @ the Bridge present Tipping Point – Marc...
- Book Review: The Best Gig in Town - Jazz Artists a...
- CD Review: Pete Oxley & Nicolas Meier - Chasing Ta...
- Smokin’ Spitfires @ The Cluny. Mar 1
- February Favourites
- Take it to the Bridge @ The Chillingham. February ...
- Roly Veitch & Giles Strong @ The Jazz Café. Februa...
- Redemption Jazz @ The Globe, Newcastle. Feb. 28
- ▼ March ( 20 )
- ► 2014 ( 1036 )
- ► 2013 ( 1099 )
- ► 2012 ( 1004 )
- ► 2011 ( 899 )
- ► 2010 ( 912 )
- ► 2009 ( 772 )
About this blog - contact details.
Not a very original title, I know; not even an accurate one as my taste, whilst centred around the music of Bird and Diz, extends in many directions and I listen to everything from King Oliver to Chick Corea and beyond. Not forgetting the Great American Songbook the contents of which has provided the inspiration for much great jazz and quality popular singing for round about a century.
The idea of this blog is for you to share your thoughts and pass on your comments on discs, gigs, jazz - music in general. If you've been to a gig/concert or heard a CD that knocked you sideways please share your views with us. Tell us about your favourites, your memories, your dislikes.
Lance (Who wishes it to be known that he is not responsible for postings other than his own and that he's not always responsible for them.)
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org I look forward to hearing from you.
Posting a Comment
Posting a comment.
1) Click on comments (at the foot of the posting.).
2) In the window that appears Click on...O Name/URL.
3) Type your name in the box (URL is optional).
4) Click on Publish your comment..
5) Type the jumbled word verification if asked.
Alternatively, email me - email@example.com.