Bebop Spoken There
“He [Rollins] would talk to you as if he was one of your mates." - Pat Crumly (Jazz Journal May 1996).
Jazz North East Crowd Funding Appeal.
Today Thursday December 5
New Orleans in nice pub with 4 real ales, good food and a banjo!
THE TEES HOT CLUB - Dormans, Oxford Rd., Linthorpe, Middlesborough, TS5 5DT. 01642 823813.
Gypsy jazz with guests.
MAINE STREET JAZZMEN - Marquis of Granby, Streetgate, Sunniside, NE16 5ES (on A692) 0191 4880954. Free. 8:45pm.
Good time Dixieland.
STRICTLY SMOKIN' BIG BAND - The Millstone, Haddricks Mill Rd., South Gosforth, NE3 1QL. 7pm. Free.
Powerhouse big band - good music and good beer. Monthly - Back January 30.
Thursday, December 05, 2013
Marilyn Crispell & Raymond MacDonald + John Pope & Greta Buitkute @ King’s Hall, Newcastle University. December 4
Wednesday, December 04, 2013
Tuesday, December 03, 2013
Monday, December 02, 2013
Eric Nichol has also died. Eric was a singer with local big bands and was a well-known entertainer in the Ashington area.
(Review by Lance/Photo by Ken Drew).
Sunday, December 01, 2013
(Review by Lance)
Saturday, November 30, 2013
Friday, November 29, 2013
- Marilyn Crispell & Raymond MacDonald + John Pope &...
- The Jazzman Documentary Final Appeal.
- George (Graham's) funeral from John Taylor
- A Date For The Diary (Night Owls only).
- WANTED! EST Photos
- Jazz Deaths in Ashington
- CD Launch: Zoe Gilby Quartet - Twelve Stories @ Br...
- Claire Kelly Trio – Salsa Café November 30.
- Jitterbug Vipers & Bluebuds @ Live Theatre. Novem...
- New Sunday Afternoon Jam Session
- ▼ December ( 10 )
- ► 2012 ( 1004 )
- ► 2011 ( 899 )
- ► 2010 ( 912 )
- ► 2009 ( 772 )
Posting a Comment
Posting a comment.
1) Click on comments (at the foot of the posting.).
2) In the window that appears Click on...O Name/URL.
3) Type your name in the box (URL is optional).
4) Click on PUBLISH YOUR COMMENT.
5) Type the jumbled word verification if asked.
Alternatively, email me - firstname.lastname@example.org.
About this blog - contact details.
Not a very original title, I know; not even an accurate one as my taste, whilst centred around the music of Bird and Diz, extends in many directions and I listen to everything from King Oliver to Chick Corea and beyond. Not forgetting the Great American Songbook the contents of which has provided the inspiration for much great jazz and quality popular singing for round about a century.
The idea of this blog is for you to share your thoughts and pass on your comments on discs, gigs, jazz - music in general. If you've been to a gig/concert or heard a CD that knocked you sideways please share your views with us. Tell us about your favourites, your memories, your dislikes.
Lance (Who wishes it to be known that he is not responsible for postings other than his own and that he's not always responsible for them.)
Contact: email@example.com I look forward to hearing from you.