Bebop Spoken There
David Foster [record producer]: “It's like working with Beethoven. The man [Michael Bublé] is simply the greatest.” – (Michael Bublé - The Biography by Juliet Peel. pub. piatkus 2009).
Cecil Taylor: “I'm sure he [Bill Evans] knows what he's talking about, but I don't know what he's talking about.” – (Downbeat February 25, 1965).
Today Monday December 5
Monday, December 05, 2016
Sunday, December 04, 2016
Saturday, December 03, 2016
Friday, December 02, 2016
BABMUS Presents..... Thursday 26th January & Thursday 9th February at 8.00pm - The Tom Bearpark Quintet and guests. Young musicians from the Sage BMus and BA degree courses. Admission at the door £3.00 full price & £2.00 students / MU members. Upstairs in the Jazz Café on the 2nd and 4th Thursdays of the month.
Thursday, December 01, 2016
- Preview: Indigo Jazz Voices @ The Globe: This Thur...
- Change of Venue
- CD Review: Chris Ingham Quartet - Dudley.
- Last of the jam…for this year
- Jambone @ St James’ & St Basil’s Church. Dec 2
- The Italian Job @ The Black Swan November 29
- CD Review: Leandro Cabral Trio - Alfa
- BABMUS return to Jazz Café
- Alter Ego @ Empty Shop, Durham - November 29
- Paul James Band w. Laura Adam 'Sisters of Swing' -...
- Line-Up Revealed For Gateshead International Jazz ...
- Sage Gateshead: Sisters of Swing, Barber and Major...
- CD Review: Andrea Claburn - Nightshade
- ▼ December ( 13 )
- ► 2015 ( 1022 )
- ► 2014 ( 1036 )
- ► 2013 ( 1099 )
- ► 2012 ( 1004 )
- ► 2011 ( 899 )
- ► 2010 ( 912 )
- ► 2009 ( 772 )
About this blog - contact details.
Not a very original title, I know; not even an accurate one as my taste, whilst centred around the music of Bird and Diz, extends in many directions and I listen to everything from King Oliver to Chick Corea and beyond. Not forgetting the Great American Songbook the contents of which has provided the inspiration for much great jazz and quality popular singing for round about a century.
The idea of this blog is for you to share your thoughts and pass on your comments on discs, gigs, jazz - music in general. If you've been to a gig/concert or heard a CD that knocked you sideways please share your views with us. Tell us about your favourites, your memories, your dislikes.
Lance (Who wishes it to be known that he is not responsible for postings other than his own and that he's not always responsible for them.)