Bebop Spoken There
Ken Peplowski: “I try to play the clarinet like a clarinet and not like a guy doubling on another instrument.” – (Down Beat July 2004).
James Morrison: “I’m not a trumpet player that doubles on flugelhorn. I’m a musician that plays trumpet, flugelhorn, euphonium and the rest.” – (Jazz Journal January 1992).
Today Thursday January 19
Wednesday, December 26, 2012
Tomorrow night on Radio 3 - The Spirit of Django
- ► 2016 ( 990 )
- ► 2015 ( 1022 )
- ► 2014 ( 1036 )
- ► 2013 ( 1099 )
- Andy Hudson on Keith Crombie
- From Paul Bream's Jazz Alert
- the jazz cafe documentary - Posted by John Taylor....
- Keith Crombie Dead!
- Peter Gilligan and Friends at Jazz Café Tonight.
- There'll Be Some Changes Made
- With Our Girl (Daryl Sherman) in Tokyo
- Fontella Bass and the World Saxophone Quartet - In...
- Jazz Jam @ Hoochie
- Tomorrow night on Radio 3 - The Spirit of Django
- Graham Hardy and VCJ at Millstone.
- Jazz Attack
- Sir Richard Rodney Bennett Dies in New York...
- Whitley Bay Classic Jazz Party 2013.
- Jazz in the Afternoon @ Cullercoats' Crescent Club...
- Cartoon from Carstairs.
- JOE ALBANY... A JAZZ LIFE 1980 Complete 60 min. Fe...
- Piano Jazz Xmas Tracks
- Jazz At The Lit And Phil
- Rachel O'Reilly sings 'I Keep Going Back To Joe's'...
- Roller Trio + Legohead @ The Cluny. December 18
- Frosty The Snowman Exposed
- Send me your list(s)
- Jazz Esquires @ The Porthole
- Jazz North East Update.
- R.I.P.Ana Grace
- A Not so Merry Christmas at The Corner House
- Liverpool's First International Jazz Festival.
- CD Review: MILES DAVIS – “Original Album Series – ...
- Lindsay Hannon Plus/Jam Session @ Splinter @ The B...
- Sector 7: The Sage: Friday December 14.
- Ian Shaw: The Sage, Friday December 14th
- That Was The Year That Was.
- CD Review: Roos Jonker ‘Mmmmm’
- Happy Hour in Hong Kong.
- Strictly Smokin' Big Band @ Hoochie Coochie Thursd...
- Gigs cancelled over holidays.
- New Brunswick Battle of The Blues 2013
- RIP Ravi Shankar
- The 3 B's @ The Sage. Tuesday Dec. 11.
- Preview - Friday night @ The Sage.
- This is What I Do - Gerry Richardson's Big Idea @ ...
- Graeme Wilson Quartet - The Music of John Coltrane...
- ASHINGTON JAZZ CLUB Final word on 2012.
- The Death of Jazz (sic)
- The Earth Moves for Daryl in Japan!
- CD Review: Bruut.
- Two Days Left for Sarah Ellen Hughes.
- New Century Update.
- Rendezvous Jazz @ The Porthole. December 7
- Jazz At Oberlin.
- Santa's Last Stand - Celebrations at Ned Kelly's.
- Take It To The Bridge Jazz Workshop, The Chilling...
- Brubeck Family Statement
- Winter Weather Blues
- RIP Dave Brubeck.
- Ned Kelly's Blues Live on Hong Kong Radio
- The B's Are Back!
- Jimmy McPartland @ The Corner House
- Pete Kelly's Blues
- Katherine Stone Quartet @ The Cherry Tree. Decembe...
- Very Cool: The Art Pepper Legacy Quartet in Italy...
- Gig/CD of year.
- Kings of Cool - now!
- CD Review: New Cool Collective - Eighteen
- More Charlie Smith/Peter Fielding and Dennis Ringr...
- Jiannis Pavlidis Quintet @ The Bridge
- Lickety Split @ The Sage. December 2
- trio VD @ The Sage December 1
- Prudhoe Community Band @ Central Station. December...
- New Cool Collective @ Hoochie Saturday December 1
- Christmas Appeal from Sarah Ellen Hughes.
- Jazz North seeks bands to be touring ambassadors f...
- Jazz in Amsterdam Part 3 (of 3). November 25
- ▼ December ( 76 )
- ► 2011 ( 899 )
- ► 2010 ( 912 )
- ► 2009 ( 772 )
About this blog - contact details.
Not a very original title, I know; not even an accurate one as my taste, whilst centred around the music of Bird and Diz, extends in many directions and I listen to everything from King Oliver to Chick Corea and beyond. Not forgetting the Great American Songbook the contents of which has provided the inspiration for much great jazz and quality popular singing for round about a century.
The idea of this blog is for you to share your thoughts and pass on your comments on discs, gigs, jazz - music in general. If you've been to a gig/concert or heard a CD that knocked you sideways please share your views with us. Tell us about your favourites, your memories, your dislikes.
Lance (Who wishes it to be known that he is not responsible for postings other than his own and that he's not always responsible for them.)