Total Pageviews

Bebop Spoken There

Dewey Redman: "When Trane came to Bop City in San Francisco and told me he liked the way I played, I stayed high off that forever." - (Downbeat June 1980.)

-----

Nick Brignola: “I got to talk to John Coltrane before he was John Coltrane!” – (Jazz Journal April 1991)

Archives.

Today Wednesday January 18

Afternoon.
Vieux Carre Jazzmen - Crescent Club, 1 Hudleston, Cullercoats NE30 3OS. 1pm. Free.
-----
Evening.
Take it to the Bridge - The Globe, 11 Railway St., Newcastle NE4 7AD. £1. 8pm.
Ruth Lambert w. Alan Law Trio - Cherry Tree Restaurant, 9 Osborne Rd., Jesmond, Newcastle. 7:30pm. No cover charge.
Levee Ramblers NOJB - Springwell Village Community Venue, Fell Road, Springwell, Gateshead NE9 7RP. 8:30pm. £3.00. Note earlier start and a small increase in admission.
-----
Tees Hot Club - Cleveland Bay, 718 Yarm Rd., Eaglescliffe, TS16 0JE. 9pm. Free.
To the best of our knowledge, details of the above events are correct but may be subject to alteration.

Friday, August 15, 2014

Goodbye...Ginger

Sadly, Ginger - the coolest cat on our block for the past ten years - had to be put to sleep today.
Absolutely gutted.
RIP Dear Friend.
Lance.

4 comments :

  1. oh dear so very sorry to hear this Lance, I know how much Ginger meant to you & Marlene. Sleep peacefully Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jude Murphy Oh, sorry to hear that, Lance
    6 hours ago · Like

    Lance Liddle Thanks Jude.
    6 hours ago · Like

    Fiona Finden ahh, sad. I we have said goodbye to 2 of our 3 cats.. you miss them . sorry to hear that.
    5 hours ago · Like

    Don Fairley I had a cat called Ginger who died in 2007. I still miss him.Very sorry Lance.
    5 hours ago · Like

    Sylvia Clark sorry to hear about Ginger -beautiful cat -
    2 hours ago · Like

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lance,
    I've just read about Ginger after being on holiday. I'm so sorry to hear this, I know what it's like to lose a cat. But he must have heard a lot of jazz in your house, Cool Cat!
    Ann Alex

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lost my crazy tom cat Ollie a few months back. WOW I miss his loud ways. Sorry to hear your loss dude.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

About this blog - contact details.

Bebop Spoken Here -- Here, being the north-east of England -- centred in the blues heartland of Newcastle and reaching down to the Tees Delta and looking upwards to the Land of the Kilt.
Not a very original title, I know; not even an accurate one as my taste, whilst centred around the music of Bird and Diz, extends in many directions and I listen to everything from King Oliver to Chick Corea and beyond. Not forgetting the Great American Songbook the contents of which has provided the inspiration for much great jazz and quality popular singing for round about a century.
The idea of this blog is for you to share your thoughts and pass on your comments on discs, gigs, jazz - music in general. If you've been to a gig/concert or heard a CD that knocked you sideways please share your views with us. Tell us about your favourites, your memories, your dislikes.
Lance (Who wishes it to be known that he is not responsible for postings other than his own and that he's not always responsible for them.)
Contact: lanceliddle@gmail.com I look forward to hearing from you.

Subscribe!