Bebop Spoken There
Stan Kenton: "Bands with guts will play what they like; a tonal picture of the American way of life...everyday sounds put to music. In two years time no one will remember what "Home on the Range" was like." - (Down Beat November 19, 1947).
Bobby Sanabria: “Many young players today are technically brilliant but lack historical perspective.” – (Jazz Times November 2014).
Today Thursday November 27.
VIEUX CARRE JAZZMEN - The Millstone, Haddricks Mill Rd., South Gosforth, NE3 1QL. 1:00pm. 0191 2853429. FREE.
New Orleans in nice pub with 4 real ales, good food and a banjo!
Good Time jazz with vocals by Olive.
Saturday, February 28, 2009
Friday, February 27, 2009
Thursday, February 26, 2009
Wednesday, February 25, 2009
Tuesday, February 24, 2009
Monday, February 23, 2009
Saturday, February 21, 2009
Friday, February 20, 2009
Thursday, February 19, 2009
Wednesday, February 18, 2009
Tuesday, February 17, 2009
Monday, February 16, 2009
Sunday, February 15, 2009
Saturday, February 14, 2009
Friday, February 13, 2009
Thursday, February 12, 2009
Wednesday, February 11, 2009
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
Monday, February 09, 2009
Sunday, February 08, 2009
Saturday, February 07, 2009
Friday, February 06, 2009
Thursday, February 05, 2009
Wednesday, February 04, 2009
Tuesday, February 03, 2009
Monday, February 02, 2009
Sunday, February 01, 2009
- ► 2014 ( 955 )
- ► 2013 ( 1099 )
- ► 2012 ( 1004 )
- ► 2011 ( 899 )
- ► 2010 ( 912 )
- Obituaries Jan/Feb 2009
- Spotlight Jazz Special Offer
- The Jazz Baroness - BBC4 - 75mins.
- R.I.P Ian Carr - A North-east Innovator
- Ruth Lambert CD - Update
- Sax All Night. Courtney Pine at Breakfast Time
- Compassionate Dictatorship at the Cluny
- More on Monk and the Loft - Jack Goodwin
- Yorkshire Heritage Coast Jazz Festival - Staithes ...
- THE LAD v HCW at The Side.
- Thelonious Monk
- Joscho Stephan Trio at the Customs House, South Sh...
- In a Sentimental Mood - Not!
- Ruth's New CD
- Bebop Played There - Damon Brown/Steve Grossman Qu...
- Chillingham Herd Stampede
- IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT re VOICE OF THE NORTH JAZZ ...
- A 'Sage' Decision. Sir Richard Rodney Bennett & Cl...
- R.I.P. Louis Bellson
- Tonight at the Sage - Claire Martin/Sir Richard Ro...
- Stu Collingwood - Side Café
- Alan Price - Heartbeat
- Tony Bennett BBC 2
- Jazz Musicians killed in Buffalo Air Crash
- Tony Bennett BBC2 Sat 14th 7.30 pm
- Vic Lewis - Almost the last of 'The Few'.
- Zoe Rahman @ Customs House, South Shields.
- Take it to the Bridge at the Chilli
- Thank You from Eric Boeren.
- Hitting the High Notes
- Janet Cook dies and possibly Jazz Journal with her...
- Spelk at The Side Café Feb 9.
- Golden Age of the Corner House Part 2 - Chris Y.
- Farewell - Blossom Dearie
- ALL PARTY JAZZ APPRECIATION GROUP AWARDS 2009
- Eric Boeren Quartet - Encore by Roly Veitch
- Eric Boeren Quartet @ Side Café (Feb 6) + Workshop...
- I Love a Piano by Roly
- Joy Askew by Roly
- Corner House, Heaton - "What's the Big Idea?" - Re...
- Cool at the Coast - Warne Marsh at Whitley Bay 197...
- Alan Glen Trio at the Chillingham
- Some Like It Hot at the Star Inn York - by Liz
- Great North Big Band Jazz Festival News
- Big Band Rehearsal at New Crown
- Vieux Carré Jazzmen at Trojan Rooms Whitley Bay - ...
- Hank Crawford R.I.P
- Laurie Shepherd/Nick Pride - Quadrata Café by John...
- TONIGHT's SIDE GIG CANCELLED
- Frank Rosolino
- ▼ February ( 50 )
About this blog - contact details.
Not a very original title, I know; not even an accurate one as my taste, whilst centred around the music of Bird and Diz, extends in many directions and I listen to everything from King Oliver to Chick Corea and beyond. Not forgetting the Great American Songbook the contents of which has provided the inspiration for much great jazz and quality popular singing for round about a century.
The idea of this blog is for you to share your thoughts and pass on your comments on discs, gigs, jazz - music in general. If you've been to a gig/concert or heard a CD that knocked you sideways please share your views with us. Tell us about your favourites, your memories, your dislikes.
Lance (Who wishes it to be known that he is not responsible for postings other than his own and that he's not always responsible for them.)
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org I look forward to hearing from you.
Posting a Comment
Posting a comment.
1) Click on comments (at the foot of the posting.).
2) In the window that appears Click on...O Name/URL.
3) Type your name in the box (URL is optional).
4) Click on Publish your comment..
5) Type the jumbled word verification if asked.
Alternatively, email me - email@example.com.