Bebop Spoken There
“The best meal in the world isn't anything unless there is salt and pepper to flavour it - and that's how it is with a band if the rhythm section isn't right.” – Sam Woodyard (Down Beat March 25, 1965).
Today Wednesday March 12
Regular workshop - sitters in welcome.
BUSKERS NIGHT HOSTED BY RUTH LAMBERT - The Avalon, 26 South Parade, Whitlet Bay. 9pm. Free.
All welcome. Keyboards, free buffet, drinks tokens for performers, real ale, real music.
JAZZ ESQUIRES -Black Horse, 68 Front St, Monkseaton, Whitley Bay, Tyne and Wear NE25 8DPPhone:0191 253 69311pm. Free.
VIEUX CARRE JAZZMEN -Crescent Club, 1 Hudleston, Cullercoats NE30 3OS. 1pm. Free.
New Orleans Jazz. Raffles and a jolly afternoon.
Band includes includes Peter Wright (tpt) and Ian Wynne (pno). Classic New Orleans.
JAZZ AT THE BAY- Cleveland Bay pub, 718 Yarm Rd., Eaglescliffe, TS16 0JE 01642 780275. 9pm.
The Teesside Hot Club swinging at the Bay - fortnightly, back on March 19.
Saturday, February 28, 2009
Friday, February 27, 2009
Thursday, February 26, 2009
Wednesday, February 25, 2009
Tuesday, February 24, 2009
Monday, February 23, 2009
Saturday, February 21, 2009
Friday, February 20, 2009
Thursday, February 19, 2009
Wednesday, February 18, 2009
Tuesday, February 17, 2009
Monday, February 16, 2009
Sunday, February 15, 2009
Saturday, February 14, 2009
Friday, February 13, 2009
Thursday, February 12, 2009
Wednesday, February 11, 2009
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
Monday, February 09, 2009
Sunday, February 08, 2009
Saturday, February 07, 2009
Friday, February 06, 2009
Thursday, February 05, 2009
Wednesday, February 04, 2009
Tuesday, February 03, 2009
Monday, February 02, 2009
Sunday, February 01, 2009
- ► 2013 ( 1099 )
- ► 2012 ( 1004 )
- ► 2011 ( 899 )
- ► 2010 ( 912 )
- Obituaries Jan/Feb 2009
- Spotlight Jazz Special Offer
- The Jazz Baroness - BBC4 - 75mins.
- R.I.P Ian Carr - A North-east Innovator
- Ruth Lambert CD - Update
- Sax All Night. Courtney Pine at Breakfast Time
- Compassionate Dictatorship at the Cluny
- More on Monk and the Loft - Jack Goodwin
- Yorkshire Heritage Coast Jazz Festival - Staithes ...
- THE LAD v HCW at The Side.
- Thelonious Monk
- Joscho Stephan Trio at the Customs House, South Sh...
- In a Sentimental Mood - Not!
- Ruth's New CD
- Bebop Played There - Damon Brown/Steve Grossman Qu...
- Chillingham Herd Stampede
- IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT re VOICE OF THE NORTH JAZZ ...
- A 'Sage' Decision. Sir Richard Rodney Bennett & Cl...
- R.I.P. Louis Bellson
- Tonight at the Sage - Claire Martin/Sir Richard Ro...
- Stu Collingwood - Side Café
- Alan Price - Heartbeat
- Tony Bennett BBC 2
- Jazz Musicians killed in Buffalo Air Crash
- Tony Bennett BBC2 Sat 14th 7.30 pm
- Vic Lewis - Almost the last of 'The Few'.
- Zoe Rahman @ Customs House, South Shields.
- Take it to the Bridge at the Chilli
- Thank You from Eric Boeren.
- Hitting the High Notes
- Janet Cook dies and possibly Jazz Journal with her...
- Spelk at The Side Café Feb 9.
- Golden Age of the Corner House Part 2 - Chris Y.
- Farewell - Blossom Dearie
- ALL PARTY JAZZ APPRECIATION GROUP AWARDS 2009
- Eric Boeren Quartet - Encore by Roly Veitch
- Eric Boeren Quartet @ Side Café (Feb 6) + Workshop...
- I Love a Piano by Roly
- Joy Askew by Roly
- Corner House, Heaton - "What's the Big Idea?" - Re...
- Cool at the Coast - Warne Marsh at Whitley Bay 197...
- Alan Glen Trio at the Chillingham
- Some Like It Hot at the Star Inn York - by Liz
- Great North Big Band Jazz Festival News
- Big Band Rehearsal at New Crown
- Vieux Carré Jazzmen at Trojan Rooms Whitley Bay - ...
- Hank Crawford R.I.P
- Laurie Shepherd/Nick Pride - Quadrata Café by John...
- TONIGHT's SIDE GIG CANCELLED
- Frank Rosolino
- ▼ February ( 50 )
Posting a Comment
Posting a comment.
1) Click on comments (at the foot of the posting.).
2) In the window that appears Click on...O Name/URL.
3) Type your name in the box (URL is optional).
4) Click on PUBLISH YOUR COMMENT.
5) Type the jumbled word verification if asked.
Alternatively, email me - email@example.com.
About this blog - contact details.
Not a very original title, I know; not even an accurate one as my taste, whilst centred around the music of Bird and Diz, extends in many directions and I listen to everything from King Oliver to Chick Corea and beyond. Not forgetting the Great American Songbook the contents of which has provided the inspiration for much great jazz and quality popular singing for round about a century.
The idea of this blog is for you to share your thoughts and pass on your comments on discs, gigs, jazz - music in general. If you've been to a gig/concert or heard a CD that knocked you sideways please share your views with us. Tell us about your favourites, your memories, your dislikes.
Lance (Who wishes it to be known that he is not responsible for postings other than his own and that he's not always responsible for them.)
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org I look forward to hearing from you.