Bebop Spoken There
TODAY SUNDAY MAY 19
Wednesday, April 22, 2009
Tasty Chilli Jam Tonight.
Bebop Spoken Here -- Here, being the north-east of England -- centred in the blues heartland of Newcastle and reaching down to the Tees Delta and looking upwards to the Land of the Kilt.
Not a very original title, I know; not even an accurate one as my taste, whilst centred around the music of Bird and Diz, extends in many directions and I listen to everything from King Oliver to Chick Corea and beyond. Not forgetting the Great American Songbook the contents of which has provided the inspiration for much great jazz and quality popular singing for round about a century.
The idea of this blog is for you to share your thoughts and pass on your comments on discs, gigs, jazz - music in general. If you've been to a gig/concert or heard a CD that knocked you sideways please share your views with us. Tell us about your favourites, your memories, your dislikes.
Lance (Who wishes it to be known that he is not responsible for postings other than his own and that he's not always responsible for them.)
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org I look forward to hearing from you.
- ► 2012 ( 1004 )
- ► 2011 ( 899 )
- ► 2010 ( 912 )
- Swing Guitars - Jim Birkett & Roly Veitch at Blayd...
- Miles Kington by Germaine Stanger
- Galaxy Class Performance by Tim Garland's Lighthou...
- March/April Deaths
- Viva Budvivar - Boppin' at the Chilli.
- Jazz Journal Lives!
- Cuba at the Cluny - Loz Speyer's Time Zone
- "Remembering Emily" - Kathy Dyson & Deirdre Cartwr...
- Jazzy Film Title Tracks by John T.
- Virtuoso Trio at the Highfield Hotel.
- Win Some - Lose Some.
- Ten Guitars (and counting)
- Two Bands - Max and Min Afternoon. John T covers t...
- Scotty Beamed Up
- The Things They Said About Don Ellis
- Stephenson's Rocket - Mike Carr's Blue Note Band.
- Tasty Chilli Jam Tonight.
- Update on Mike Carr
- Discs to Die For. New Posts.
- Roly Veitch Trio at the Highfield Hotel
- Let's Get Lost - Last Night BBC 4/Don't Get Lost -...
- More on Nigel Stanger
- The Jazz Baroness - BBC4
- Phil Mason's New Orleans All Stars @ Saville Excha...
- QUADRATA CAFE OFF MENU - ALL GIGS CANCELLED FOR TH...
- Frank Brooker & the Jeremy McMurray Quartet. Blayd...
- Maine Street Jazzmen @ Rosie Malone's South Shield...
- Paul Edis Sextet & Northumberland Tennis Club. Rep...
- Blaydon Races
- The Zeke Zarchy Movie - RIP Zeke.
- Gavin Lee with Vieux Carré Jazzmen @ Corner House ...
- Hotter Than That - Fiddles on Fire by 'The Doc'.
- If You Happen To Be In Hong Kong This Sunday...
- Thanks for The Memory
- Tough Task For TASQ at East Rainton.
- Tonight at the Highfield - TASQ
- Jazz 625 - Stan Getz Quartet
- Good-Time Jazz on Good Friday - Russell.
- Alan Plater's Mysterioso
- "Quiet Nights" at the Chilli.
- Barney Kessel - A Guitar Legend. New book by Mauri...
- Highfield Hotel News - TONY KOFI - no less!
- Unsung Heroes
- The Building Was on Fire But The Band Played On. T...
- Red Rodney at the Corner House 13 Dec.1983
- Jazz 625 Oscar Peterson
- Matana Roberts Quartet - Live Theatre
- RIP Bud Shank
- The Boppenpoof Song by Louis - By Miles
- Joshua Redman Radio 3
- Take It To The Bridge - A Good One!
- ▼ April ( 53 )
Posting a Comment
Posting a comment.
1) Click on comments (at the foot of the posting.).
2) In the window that appears Click on...O Name/URL.
3) Type your name in the box (URL is optional).
4) Click on PUBLISH YOUR COMMENT.
5) Type the jumbled word verification if asked.
Alternatively, email me - email@example.com.