Bebop Spoken There
Frank Tate: “Travelling’s part of life. It just goes with the job. It’s in one’s best interests, I think, to enjoy it, because it’s sure what you’re gonna be doing!” – (Jazz Journal February 1992)
Joe Temperley"I was on the bus as Carney's replacement. I said to Harold Ashby 'Where are we going?' He answered 'What difference does it make?' " - (Jazz UK January 2013.)
Today Friday January 20
Sunday, June 21, 2015
- ► 2016 ( 990 )
- Folk Meets Jazz: Your Chance To Perform Both This ...
- The Alligator Club - Fringe venue for Durham Brass...
- CD Review: Kenny Carr - Idle Talk.
- Saturday Night @ The Caff
- News from Hummersknott
- Vieux Carré Jazzmen @ The Globe Jazz Bar, Newcastl...
- Lindsay Hannon Plus: Jazz Cafe: June 27 - A ‘Wome...
- Book now for weekend workshop 1-2 August at the Gl...
- Why Musicians Don't go to Other Musician's Gigs
- Nik Svarc Trio @ The Jazz Café. June 26
- Le Jazz Hot - C'est Si Bon!
- Saturday and Sunday Night (and afternoon) @ the Gl...
- Friday and Saturday Night @ The Jazz Café
- The fabulous Jive Aces – the UK’s No. 1 jive and s...
- Glastonbury Porter
- CD Review: Kevin Bachelder/Jason Lee Bruns - Cherr...
- Be a Jazz Volunteer (in Birmingham)
- Blaydon International Jazz Club...
- CD Review: Wayne Wallace Latin Jazz Quintet
- RIP Gunther Schuller
- Sue Ferris Quintet @ The Black Bull. June 21
- Strictly Smokin' Big Band @ Hoochie - June 21
- Jazz Coop @ The Globe: Paul Taylor/ Simon Taylor A...
- More History.
- They're not singing anymore
- JazzMain @ Jazz Café - June 19
- Jazz North East presents Alan Wilkinson & Akode - ...
- Mo Scott Trio @ The Lit & Phil. June 19
- Lesley Jackson to join Jazz North as Executive Dir...
- CD Review: Steve Garrett - Even Song
- Sunday Afternoon at Hoochie - SSBB - don't miss it...
- Hear the Mo Scott Song Book at the Lit & Phil
- Jazz Café Jam Session - June 16.
- Tyne Valley Update
- CD Review: Brian Landrus Trio - The Deep Below.
- Reminder From Roly
- CD Review: Aimée Allen - Matter of Time.
- Alix Shepherd @ The Vermont Hotel. June 14
- Preview: JazzMain @ the Jazz Café this Friday (Jun...
- CD Review: Ivo Neame - Strata.
- Matt Anderson & Paul Edis @ The Jazz Café. June 13...
- Brian Molley Quartet @ the Globe, Newcastle. June ...
- The Customs House Big Band with Ruth Lambert Suppo...
- Info wanted on St. Joseph's College Jazz Band - 19...
- An Empty Shopping Offer You Can’t Refuse
- Lickety Split @ the Jazz Café. June 11
- Here Come The Scots!
- The Pilgrim St. Set @ Hoochie Coochie. June 11
- RIP Ornette Coleman
- Ronnie Scott's Announce Music Instrument Amnesty
- RIP James Last
- Volunteers Wanted For Jazz Coop!
- Clarinets and Clams on Lamma Island
- Durham Brass Festival Program: July 16-19.
- 2GB Flash Drive review: Peter Sparacino - The Stra...
- CD Review: Alan Benzie Trio - Traveller's Tales
- September dates for Clare Teal
- Folk meets Jazz @ The Globe: Thursday June 4
- Pardon me boy, is this the Jazz 'n' Real Ale Train...
- Durham University Big Band @ the Globe Jazz Bar, N...
- Ashington Jazz Festival - Strictly Smokin' Big Ban...
- CD Review: Maria Schneider Orchestra – The Thompso...
- Paul Edis Trio @ The Jazz Café. June 5
- Back to Bataan - Joe Bataan Band @ Hoochie Coochie...
- Durham University Big Band Medium sized Summer Tou...
- Ashington Jazz Festival: Paul Skerritt Band.
- Happy Birthday Kath!
- Ashington Jazz Club Celebrating Thirty Years Of Wo...
- CD Review: Juliet Kelly - Spellbound Stories
- Gordon F. Phillips Takes Five
- Jo Harrop w. Paul Edis Trio @ The Cherry Tree Rest...
- CD Review: Terell Stafford - Brotherlee Love.
- Festival Report: Swaledale Festival – Liane Carro...
- Preview: Folk Meets Jazz @ The Globe - Thursday Ju...
- Jazz Café Jam - June 2.
- CD Review: Gary Peacock Trio - Now This
- CD Review: Keith Jarrett - Creation
- LUME on Tour @ Bridge Hotel, Newcastle.Quadracerat...
- RIP Johnny Keating.
- CD Review: Beats and Pieces Big Band - All In
- Saturday Night @ The Jazz Café
- Brian Molley Quartet.Dates
- ▼ June ( 83 )
- ► 2014 ( 1036 )
- ► 2013 ( 1099 )
- ► 2012 ( 1004 )
- ► 2011 ( 899 )
- ► 2010 ( 912 )
- ► 2009 ( 772 )
About this blog - contact details.
Not a very original title, I know; not even an accurate one as my taste, whilst centred around the music of Bird and Diz, extends in many directions and I listen to everything from King Oliver to Chick Corea and beyond. Not forgetting the Great American Songbook the contents of which has provided the inspiration for much great jazz and quality popular singing for round about a century.
The idea of this blog is for you to share your thoughts and pass on your comments on discs, gigs, jazz - music in general. If you've been to a gig/concert or heard a CD that knocked you sideways please share your views with us. Tell us about your favourites, your memories, your dislikes.
Lance (Who wishes it to be known that he is not responsible for postings other than his own and that he's not always responsible for them.)