Frank Sinatra: "Suddenly, on the jukebox comes my recording of 'One For My Baby' and John Wayne turned to me and said 'What the hell do you listen to when you're alone at three o'clock in the morning?'" – (Booklet notes to Capitol CD Ultimate Sinatra).
Above quote unearthed by Simon Spillett.
Ralph Hutchinson: "I thought I'd gone as far musically back home [Newcastle/UK] and I wanted to get ahead of the boys. I wanted to hear Parker and Gillespie and Kenton." – (Down Beat, November 18, 1949).
Posting a comment.
1) Click on comments (at the foot of the posting.).
2) In the window that appears Click on...O Name/URL.
3) Type your name in the box (URL is optional).
4) Click on Publish your comment..
5) Type the jumbled word verification if asked.
Alternatively, email me - firstname.lastname@example.org.