Bebop Spoken There
Bobby Shew: "I feel that every player should sit down and learn to play a little bit of drums in order to gain the ability to swing from a rhythmic point of view." - (Crescendo, February 1980).
Diana Krall: “When I started out, I wanted to sing like Ernestine Anderson and play piano like Monty Alexander. That hasn’t changed much, but you settle into accepting what you do.” – (Down Beat December 2014).
Today Thursday December 18
VIEUX CARRE JAZZMEN - The Millstone, Haddricks Mill Rd., South Gosforth, NE3 1QL. 1:00pm. 0191 2853429. FREE.
New Orleans in nice pub with 4 real ales, good food and a banjo!
Good Time jazz with vocals by Olive.
Sunday, October 14, 2012
CD Review: Danny Green - A Thousand Ways Home.
- ► 2014 ( 1006 )
- ► 2013 ( 1099 )
- Request from Chris Hodgkins of Jazz Services.
- Watson Walker Edis @ The Cluny. October 30
- Moss Project: Short Stories @ Lit & Phil. October ...
- Gateshead International Jazz Festival 2012's Ayann...
- Mark Williams Trio @ The Bridge. October 28
- Whitley Bay Classic Jazz Party - Day 3, Sunday Oct...
- Maine Street Jazzmen Rule in Rochdale.
- The Very "Best" of Jazz Club
- "We'll Make Fun For You" - 2012 Whitley Bay Classi...
- 2012 Whitley Bay Classic Jazz Party - Day One Frid...
- A Gardenia for Lady Day: Cecile Mclorin Salvant Sa...
- Vieux Carré Jazzmen @ The Millstone, South Gosfort...
- John Law Trio @ King’s Hall, Newcastle. October 25...
- Return to Shanghai!! Sunday, October 28, 6- 8:30 p...
- CD REVIEW: All Upon A Lovely Summer’s Day: Burton...
- Nationwide search for best unsigned Blues Musician...
- CD Review (link): Westbrook Trio - Three Into Wond...
- Barclaycard Mercury Prize ‘Album of the Year' TONI...
- Jazz Summit 2012
- The Future of Contemporary Jazz in the North East ...
- Bob Belden Unveils a Dark Narrative of Manhattan ...
- Graeme Wilson Quartet @ The Central Bar, Gateshead...
- Jazz Café Jam. Sunday October 21.
- CD Review:Julian Shore - Filaments.
- Philip Clouts Quartet @ New Hartley Memorial Hall....
- CONTEMPORARY JAZZ IN THE NORTH EAST: WHICH WAY FOR...
- CD Review: The Knoxville Jazz Orchestra - Christma...
- The Jazzman by Kevah Emami.
- CD Review: Skamel
- Blue Notes in Bristol
- I Used to be a .com but now I'm a .co.uk!
- Djangologie @ The Sage. October 18
- Skamel @ Hoochie Coochie
- Everybody say "Aaah!"
- CD Review: The Bad Plus - Made Possible.
- Ronnie Scott and All That Jazz
- Degree Welcome Gig @ The Sage Gateshead. October 1...
- R.I.P. Eddie Harvey.
- CD Review: Accidental Tourists - The L.A. Sessions...
- CD Review: Justin Horn - Hornology.
- Graham Don Trio @ The Cherry Tree
- Sons of Kemet @ The Bridge Hotel. October 14
- Scotland’s National Jazz Orchestra salutes the Duk...
- Northern Monkey Brass Band @ Hoochie Coochie
- Whitley Bay Classic Jazz Party - Village Inn, Shir...
- CD Review: Danny Green - A Thousand Ways Home.
- Sandi Russell @ The Lit & Phil. October 12
- CD Review- Introducing The Verve.
- You can’t play that music tonight, that music belo...
- Christoph Stiefel Inner Language Trio @ Lit & Phil...
- Jammin' @ Hoochie Coochie. Oct.11
- CD Review: Two for The Road Tianna Hall and The ...
- RIP Colin Farrow
- CD Review - Harry Allen & Scott Hamilton: 'Round M...
- Vieux Carré Jazzmen Thursday Update.
- Frank Vignola & Vinny Raniolo @ Customs House. Sou...
- CD Review Jacqui Sutton, Notes From The Frontier...
- Simon Woolf
- CD Review: David Sanborn "Then Again" - The Antho...
- John Tchicai dies
- Marsden (Yorkshire) Jazz Festival This Weekend.
- Spelk @ The Bridge Hotel. October 7.
- CD Review: Kaylé Brecher - Spirals and Lines.
- Ruth Lambert w. Paul Edis Trio @ Ashington Jazz Cl...
- Karen Harding @ Monument. October 6
- Bad Ass Brass Band @ Hoochie Coochie. Oct. 4.
- Trish Clowes’ Nonet @ The Sage. October 5
- Customs House Big Band w. Ruth Lambert @ Customs H...
- The Hawk plays Bop @ Blaydon Jazz Club. Oct.4.
- CD Review: Tom Gibbs - Fear of Flying.
- The Informer
- Seth MacFarlane - The Sadder But Wiser Girl
- Tommaso Starace Quartet Live Streaming at the Blue...
- Trish Cowes Nonet Preview
- RIP Big Jim Sullivan.
- Needs of the Jazz Community
- Christine Tobin plays Leonard Cohen in North Yorks...
- Redemption Jazz @ The Bridge Hotel. September 30
- RIP Eddie Bert
- A Public Meeting JAZZ IN THE NORTH EAST THE WAY FO...
- Dave Kerr suggests this is a book no jazz piani...
- Scarborough Jazz Festival September 30 - Evening
- Scarborough Jazz Festival September 30 - Afternoon...
- Scarborough Jazz Festival September 29 - Evening.
- Scarborough Jazz festival September 29 - Afternoon...
- ▼ October ( 86 )
- ► 2011 ( 899 )
- ► 2010 ( 912 )
- ► 2009 ( 772 )
About this blog - contact details.
Not a very original title, I know; not even an accurate one as my taste, whilst centred around the music of Bird and Diz, extends in many directions and I listen to everything from King Oliver to Chick Corea and beyond. Not forgetting the Great American Songbook the contents of which has provided the inspiration for much great jazz and quality popular singing for round about a century.
The idea of this blog is for you to share your thoughts and pass on your comments on discs, gigs, jazz - music in general. If you've been to a gig/concert or heard a CD that knocked you sideways please share your views with us. Tell us about your favourites, your memories, your dislikes.
Lance (Who wishes it to be known that he is not responsible for postings other than his own and that he's not always responsible for them.)
Contact: email@example.com I look forward to hearing from you.
Posting a Comment
Posting a comment.
1) Click on comments (at the foot of the posting.).
2) In the window that appears Click on...O Name/URL.
3) Type your name in the box (URL is optional).
4) Click on Publish your comment..
5) Type the jumbled word verification if asked.
Alternatively, email me - firstname.lastname@example.org.