Bebop Spoken There
“Trad is a sensible name for a soap powder - not for a music" - Chris Barber (Trad Jazz Britannia BBC4 2013.)
“This (bop) was a jetliner. It (trad) was a Tiger Moth.” - Laurie Morgan (Trad Jazz Britannia BBC4 2013.)
TODAY SATURDAY MAY 25
Bebop Spoken Here -- Here, being the north-east of England -- centred in the blues heartland of Newcastle and reaching down to the Tees Delta and looking upwards to the Land of the Kilt.
Not a very original title, I know; not even an accurate one as my taste, whilst centred around the music of Bird and Diz, extends in many directions and I listen to everything from King Oliver to Chick Corea and beyond. Not forgetting the Great American Songbook the contents of which has provided the inspiration for much great jazz and quality popular singing for round about a century.
The idea of this blog is for you to share your thoughts and pass on your comments on discs, gigs, jazz - music in general. If you've been to a gig/concert or heard a CD that knocked you sideways please share your views with us. Tell us about your favourites, your memories, your dislikes.
Lance (Who wishes it to be known that he is not responsible for postings other than his own and that he's not always responsible for them.)
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org I look forward to hearing from you.
- A Special week next week Not to be missed!
- CD Review: Swing from Paris - Quasimodo.
- Simon Woolf Sextet @ Pizza Express, Dean St., Lond...
- Blaydon Beckons
- Natalie Williams Trio @ Cadogan Hall
- Alan Glen Trio @ The Chillingham. August 29
- Variety @ The Spice of Life
- Katherine Stone Quartet @ The Cherrytree Restauran...
- Sandi Sings Soon.
- NCRO News
- More Art Pepper Tastes
- Scott Hamilton Quartet @ Pizza Express (Soho)
- Katherine Stone Quartet @t the Cherry Tree August...
- CD Review: Filipe Monteiro - In Bad Company.
- Carthy Cancelled!
- Scott Hamilton @ Pizza Express
- Pete Gilligan, Paul Grainger, Claire Kelly and Ray...
- CD Review: Seth MacFarlane - Music is Better Than ...
- Peter Fielding Recordings?
- CD Review: The Cloudmakers Trio with Ralph Alessi ...
- Jeff Barnhart and Friends, Customs House, South Sh...
- On the airwaves.
- James Birkett & Bradley Johnston @ The Sage Gatesh...
- Go Spot a Kite with the VCJ.
- Lickety Split @ Hoochie Coochie Thursday August 23...
- CD Review: Nina Simone Collector Edition.
- CD Review - Louis Durra Trio: Rocket Science
- Darlington New Orleans Jazz Club - Latest.
- "Sticks" Albright to gig at Monk Institute.
- And The Winner Is...
- Jeff Barnhart @ South Shields and Gosforth
- CD Review - Davide Mantovani: Choices
- CD Review ‘Division Musick’ - English Duos for V...
- Dean Stockdale Trio @ The Cherry Tree Restaurant, ...
- Teddy Wilson in Toon.
- Film Fun at The Avalon
- Photo Caption Competition
- CD Review: Beverley Beirne and her Quartet - Seaso...
- Lindsay Hannon @ The Sage, Gateshead.
- NYJO @ THE PROMS Tonight.
- CD Review - Sector7: The EP
- Mo Scott Band @ Hoochie Coochie
- R.I.P. Bill Tillman
- CD Review: The Dominic J. Marshall Trio - Icaros.
- CD Review: The Fred Hersch Trio - Alive at the Vil...
- Jazz in Prague - a (P)layman's Guide
- Derek Smith - piano export
- Legendary Chicago Tenor Man Dies
- Made in the UK - 2013 Rochester Jazz Festival
- Jazz Surprise at Folkworks Durham Gathering, Satur...
- Blues Jam @ The Jazz Café
- A Great Day in Harlem - 54 year old today.
- CD Review: Michael Feinberg Quintet - THE ELVIN JO...
- Lemon Tops @ The Sage.
- Lockerbie Jazz Festival News
- Prom 38 Tonight.
- On a Little Street in Singapore.
- Katherine Stone Quartet @ Hoochie Coochie
- Bebop Spoken There - Over 100 Quotes.
- R.I.P. Marvin Hamlisch.
- Johnny Hartman Biography.
- Cyclists Rule at Games
- CD Reviews: Gato Libre - Forever/ Natsuki Tamura a...
- Jason Isaacs this Friday (August 10) @ Gosforth Pa...
- Bob Whitlock
- Jazz in the Afternoon @ Cullercoats Crescent club....
- Beneath The Underdog
- Jazz Action @ The Stockton Weekender August 5
- Scotland’s acclaimed national jazz orchestra salut...
- Blues on the River - West Jesmond Rhythm Kings Riv...
- Strictly Smokin’ 7-Piece at the ‘Jazz Cafe’, Sage ...
- Singapore Special
- RIP Tony Martin.one of Hollywood's finest musical ...
- Hoochie Coochie Jazz Jam
- The Real Ale/Jazz Train
- CD Review: Spirits Up Above The Rahsaan Roland Kir...
- The David Newton Trio featuring Nigel Clarke and P...
- Congratulations to Bradley Wiggins
- ▼ August ( 78 )
- ► 2011 ( 899 )
- ► 2010 ( 912 )
- ► 2009 ( 772 )
Posting a Comment
Posting a comment.
1) Click on comments (at the foot of the posting.).
2) In the window that appears Click on...O Name/URL.
3) Type your name in the box (URL is optional).
4) Click on PUBLISH YOUR COMMENT.
5) Type the jumbled word verification if asked.
Alternatively, email me - email@example.com.