Bebop Spoken There
“People say this is wrong and that is wrong, but the thing to do is to go out and do something about it.” – Gary McFarlane (Down Beat February 24, 1966).
Today Wednesday April 23
VIEUX CARRE JAZZMEN -Crescent Club, 1 Hudleston, Cullercoats NE30 3OS. 1pm. Free.
New Orleans Jazz. Raffles and a jolly afternoon.
JAZZ ESQUIRES -Black Horse, 68 Front St, Monkseaton, Whitley Bay, Tyne and Wear NE25 8DPPhone:0191 253 69311pm. Free.
TAKE IT TO THE BRIDGE JAZZ WORKSHOP - The Chillingham, Chillingham Rd., Heaton. 8:30pm. £1.
Regular workshop - sitters in welcome.
BUSKERS NIGHT HOSTED BY RUTH LAMBERT - The Avalon, 26 South Parade, Whitley Bay. 9pm. Free.
All welcome. Keyboards, free buffet, drinks tokens for performers, real ale, real music.
LEVEE RAMBLERS. NEW ORLEANS JAZZ BAND - Springwell Village Hall, Fell Rd., Gateshead NE9 7RP. 0191 4162630. 9pm. £2.
Band includes includes Peter Wright (tpt) and Ian Wynne (pno). Classic New Orleans.
JAZZ AT THE BAY- Cleveland Bay pub, 718 Yarm Rd., Eaglescliffe, TS16 0JE 01642 780275. 9pm.
The Teesside Hot Club swinging at the Bay. Fortnightly,Back on April 30.
Thursday, September 30, 2010
Wednesday, September 29, 2010
Tuesday, September 28, 2010
Monday, September 27, 2010
Sunday, September 26, 2010
Saturday, September 25, 2010
Friday, September 24, 2010
Thursday, September 23, 2010
Wednesday, September 22, 2010
Tuesday, September 21, 2010
Monday, September 20, 2010
Sunday, September 19, 2010
Saturday, September 18, 2010
Thursday, September 16, 2010
Wednesday, September 15, 2010
Tuesday, September 14, 2010
Monday, September 13, 2010
Sunday, September 12, 2010
Saturday, September 11, 2010
Friday, September 10, 2010
- ► 2013 ( 1099 )
- ► 2012 ( 1004 )
- ► 2011 ( 899 )
- Goodbye Tony Curtis
- The Gangs All Here - at Rosie Malone's
- Songbook, The Performers.
- Customs House Big Band with Ruth Lambert @ Customs...
- Sefton Samuels - Jazz Legends Up Close
- Tonight @ The Customs House, South Shields...
- Rebecca Parris
- Music Theory on your iPhone!
- Gary Boyle @ Splinter @ The Bridge. September 26th...
- Quote of the Festival
- Scarborough Jazz Festival Day Three - Evening.
- Scarborough Jazz Festival Day Three - Afternoon
- Scarborough Jazz Festival Day Two Evening
- Scarborough Jazz Festival Day Two - Afternoon
- Horn Dogs o/s Fenwick's, Northumberland Street. Sa...
- Scarborough Jazz Festival Day One
- Scarborough Jazz Festival - Day One - Overture
- Eddie Fisher - 'Inside of Heaven'
- A Graphic Thought on Listening Through The Noise.
- Champion day at Rosie Malone's
- Congratulations to Liz and Paul Bacon
- Looks as though Good Friday will be in September ...
- R.I.P. Buddy Collette
- Jazz Singing - Take 25
- A Night With Sinatra - Take 2
- Paul Edis Trio w. Graeme Wilson @ The Cherry Tree ...
- Eugene Chadbourne @ The Bridge Hotel. September 19...
- Tonight's Musical a la carte @ The Cherry Tree
- Scarborough Update
- An Evening with Dr Chad @ The Bridge Hotel, Sunday...
- A Night With Sinatra - Matthew Ford w. Northern Si...
- Afternoon Delights @ the Jazz Café
- Listening Through The Noise - Some Thoughts
- It's GREAT NORTH RUN time.
- Bird Flies in to Rosie's.
- Dordogne International Jazz Summer School by Dougl...
- Preview: A Night With Sinatra - This Sunday @ The ...
- The Crack!
- Listening Through the Noise: The Aesthetics of Exp...
- Legohead @ Splinter @ The Bridge, Newcastle. Septe...
- Keith Nichols is Coming To a Town (or two)
- The Jazz Café Ain't No Church - Hallelujah!
- Splinter @ The Arts Centre. Darlington Arts Centre...
- Maurice Summerfield on Alyn Shipton
- R.I.P. Tito Burns
- Bob Barnard and the Swing City Trio @ Trinity Chur...
- Sweet sounds on a sunny afternoon...
- Tonight at Trinity Church - Bob Barnard
- Remembering Coley Mellett
- Well Did'ja Ever?
- Book Recommendations wanted
- Ruth Lambert, Paul Gamblin and the Blaydon Jazz Tr...
- Belly Dancing at Rosie's
- Today's Specials
- More history from Tommy Henderson
- Zoe Gilby - Looking Glass CD Launch @ The Cluny
- ACV @ Brel, Glasgow. Sat Sept 4.
- Many Happy Returns Sonny Rollins - 80 today.
- Jazz Workshops starting in Gateshead.
- In the Mood for Bitches Brew?
- The Swing Thing
- Splinter @ The Bridge - Mark Williams Trio
- Jazz Café Jam Session
- Newcastle on Sunday - who needs New York? (Bobby D...
- Scarborough Tickets Going Faster Than The Speed of...
- WHITBY FOLK MUSIC FESTIVAL – WHAT’S THAT GOT TO DO...
- Mike Jeffery...
- Maine Street Jazzmen @ Ashington Jazz Club Wed. Se...
- Welcome Aboard Bill Shaw
- Hamlet without the Prince of Denmark (Portugal) - ...
- A Funny Valentine by Mike Maran. Chet Baker lives ...
- Preview - Alexander Stewart @ The Hideaway, Streat...
- ACV @ The Vortex - Tuesday Augusr 31.
- ▼ September ( 73 )
- ► 2009 ( 772 )
Posting a Comment
Posting a comment.
1) Click on comments (at the foot of the posting.).
2) In the window that appears Click on...O Name/URL.
3) Type your name in the box (URL is optional).
4) Click on PUBLISH YOUR COMMENT.
5) Type the jumbled word verification if asked.
Alternatively, email me - email@example.com.
About this blog - contact details.
Not a very original title, I know; not even an accurate one as my taste, whilst centred around the music of Bird and Diz, extends in many directions and I listen to everything from King Oliver to Chick Corea and beyond. Not forgetting the Great American Songbook the contents of which has provided the inspiration for much great jazz and quality popular singing for round about a century.
The idea of this blog is for you to share your thoughts and pass on your comments on discs, gigs, jazz - music in general. If you've been to a gig/concert or heard a CD that knocked you sideways please share your views with us. Tell us about your favourites, your memories, your dislikes.
Lance (Who wishes it to be known that he is not responsible for postings other than his own and that he's not always responsible for them.)
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org I look forward to hearing from you.