Bebop Spoken There
Larry Coryell: "Listen, mister, the only reason you're complaining [about Coryell's long hair] is because you're old and you're going to die before I do. I'm going to inherit the earth, not you, so all your complaining doesn't bother me." - (Down Beat June 29, 1966).
Scott Henderson: “Saxophone players always have the best lines.” – (Jazz Journal January 2014).
Today Wednesday July 23
VIEUX CARRE JAZZMEN - Crescent Club, 1 Hudleston, Cullercoats NE30 3OS. 1pm. Free.
New Orleans Jazz. Raffles and a jolly afternoon.
JAZZ ESQUIRES - Porthole, North Shields' Ferry Landing. 1pm. Free.
Ferry from South Shields quarter to and quarter past. On the hour and half hour coming back.
Regular workshop - sitters in welcome.
BUSKERS NIGHT HOSTED BY RUTH LAMBERT - The Avalon, 26 South Parade, Whitley Bay. 9pm. Free.
All welcome. Keyboards, free buffet, drinks tokens for performers, real ale, real music.
LEVEE RAMBLERS. NEW ORLEANS JAZZ BAND - Springwell Village Hall, Fell Rd., Gateshead NE9 7RP. 0191 4162630. 9pm. £2.
Band includes includes Peter Wright (tpt) and Ian Wynne (pno). Classic New Orleans.
The Teesside Hot Club swinging at the Bay. TOM REAY AND FRIENDS
Monthly. Back August 6 w. PAUL SKERRITT BAND.
Saturday, November 29, 2008
Friday, November 28, 2008
Thursday, November 27, 2008
Wednesday, November 26, 2008
Monday, November 24, 2008
Sunday, November 23, 2008
Saturday, November 22, 2008
Thursday, November 20, 2008
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
Monday, November 17, 2008
Sunday, November 16, 2008
Saturday, November 15, 2008
Sincerely Colin Aitchison Hong Kong
Friday, November 14, 2008
Ken Vandermark, Barry Guy & Mark Sanders at the Star & Shadow Cinema, Newcastle. Report by Russell Corbett.
Thursday, November 13, 2008
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
Monday, November 10, 2008
Saturday, November 08, 2008
Wednesday, November 05, 2008
Monday, November 03, 2008
Sunday, November 02, 2008
Saturday, November 01, 2008
- ► 2014 ( 625 )
- ► 2013 ( 1099 )
- ► 2012 ( 1004 )
- ► 2011 ( 899 )
- ► 2010 ( 912 )
- ► 2009 ( 772 )
- Ruthless in York by Liz
- 'This and That' by Roly
- John Etheridge Trio North - Corner House, Heaton.
- Four Brothers
- Take it to the Bridge at the Chilli
- My Buddy - Buddy Rich
- Jim Mullen and Friends at the Side Café
- Three Piece Sweet - Roly Veitch
- Voice of the North Jazz Orchestra at Georgian Thea...
- Mama Does Allow at Ashington
- Bess, You Is My Woman Now
- "Mama Don't Allow" at Guide Post.
- Good Vibes At The Not So Chilly Chilli This Week!
- A Nice Day in Cullercoats - Report by John Taylor
- Jim Mullen - My Ship
- Andy Champion - HCW - Jam Session at the Side Café...
- Herbie Hancock - Sage, Gateshead 14 Nov.
- Spotlight on Spotlite
- Another Tribute to Clem.
- An Ear to the Ground
- Keith Nicholls' Blue Six Plus at the Saville Excha...
- Ken Vandermark, Barry Guy & Mark Sanders at the St...
- Paul Edis/Graeme Wilson/Paul Gamblin w. Jeremy McM...
- One Bass Hit. Barry Guy at Newcastle Uni.
- Two Bass Hat - This Week at The Chilly
- Gerry Richardson's Big Idea at Newcastle College. ...
- Ruth Lambert Quintet at the Side Café
- Miriam Makeba R.I.P
- Keith Stephens' Hot Club Trio - New CD
- Take It To The Bridge at The Chillingham
- Graham Hardy Trio at the Side Café
- Ruth Lambert Trio at Quadrata Café (Where?)
- Farewell Friend. Roly Veitch Pays Tribute to Clem ...
- Rebecca Kilgore & Dave Frishberg by Liz
- Clare Teal Gets Happy at Gala Theatre Durham by Ji...
- Alan Nicholson R.I.P
- Tribute to Allan Ganley from John Taylor
- Gateshead Jazz Festival 2009
- ▼ November ( 38 )
Posting a Comment
Posting a comment.
1) Click on comments (at the foot of the posting.).
2) In the window that appears Click on...O Name/URL.
3) Type your name in the box (URL is optional).
4) Click on PUBLISH YOUR COMMENT.
5) Type the jumbled word verification if asked.
Alternatively, email me - firstname.lastname@example.org.
About this blog - contact details.
Not a very original title, I know; not even an accurate one as my taste, whilst centred around the music of Bird and Diz, extends in many directions and I listen to everything from King Oliver to Chick Corea and beyond. Not forgetting the Great American Songbook the contents of which has provided the inspiration for much great jazz and quality popular singing for round about a century.
The idea of this blog is for you to share your thoughts and pass on your comments on discs, gigs, jazz - music in general. If you've been to a gig/concert or heard a CD that knocked you sideways please share your views with us. Tell us about your favourites, your memories, your dislikes.
Lance (Who wishes it to be known that he is not responsible for postings other than his own and that he's not always responsible for them.)
Contact: email@example.com I look forward to hearing from you.