Bebop Spoken There
“Pure bluegrass music is very akin to jazz in that you really don't play the same tune the same way twice. There's a little improvisation there" - Cal Collins (Jazz Journal June 1996).
Jazz North East Crowd Funding Appeal.
Today Thursday December 12
VIEUX CARRE JAZZMEN - The Millstone, Haddricks Mill Rd., South Gosforth, NE3 1QL. 1:00pm. 0191 2853429. FREE.
New Orleans in nice pub with 4 real ales, good food and a banjo!
THE TEES HOT CLUB - Dormans, Oxford Rd., Linthorpe, Middlesborough, TS5 5DT. 01642 823813.
Gypsy jazz with guests.
MAINE STREET JAZZMEN - Marquis of Granby, Streetgate, Sunniside, NE16 5ES (on A692) 0191 4880954. Free. 8:45pm.
Good time Dixieland.
STRICTLY SMOKIN' BIG BAND - The Millstone, Haddricks Mill Rd., South Gosforth, NE3 1QL. 7pm. Free.
Powerhouse big band - good music and good beer. Back January 30.
Sunday Dec 15 Blaydon Jazz Club
Christmas Concert - including our usual DIY buffet (please bring along an item of food to add to the feast)
One of the North's finest straight ahead jazz pianists, Teesside's Jeremy McMurray, joins with Blaydon's own Roly Veitch on guitar, Neil Harland bass and Adam Sinclair drums and brilliant Charlie Parker inspired altoist Mark Toomey for an evening of songbook repertoire. We usually finish at 10.30 but as there will probably be a longer break for the buffet it will probably finish a bit later on Sunday - about 10.45 or thereabouts.
Sunday, August 31, 2008
Friday, August 29, 2008
Wednesday, August 27, 2008
Monday, August 25, 2008
Sunday, August 24, 2008
Saturday, August 23, 2008
Thursday, August 21, 2008
Wednesday, August 20, 2008
Sunday, August 17, 2008
Friday, August 15, 2008
Thursday, August 14, 2008
Wednesday, August 13, 2008
Tuesday, August 12, 2008
Sunday, August 10, 2008
Saturday, August 09, 2008
Friday, August 08, 2008
Thursday, August 07, 2008
Wednesday, August 06, 2008
Sunday, August 03, 2008
Saturday, August 02, 2008
- ► 2013 ( 1041 )
- ► 2012 ( 1004 )
- ► 2011 ( 899 )
- ► 2010 ( 912 )
- ► 2009 ( 772 )
- SIDE IS BACK (this Monday)
- Chet Baker; Singer or Trumpet player?
- Taking It To The Extreme At The Chilli
- R.I.P Bob Florence
- Gary Potter and his Waltone guitar by Ron Chapman
- Slim Gaillard on Norman Granz
- The Story of the Hagstrom James L D'Aquisto Guitar...
- No Jazz At St Nicks
- Zoe Gilby Sextet at Blaydon Jazz Club
- Lee Young R.I.P
- The Blofield Experiment
- Alan Glen at the Chillingham
- Tyne Valley Stomping at Saltwell Park
- Keith Armstrong Book Launch
- Music To Sooth The Savaged Breast
- George Shearing 89 not out
- Stacey Kent at the Gala Theatre Durham
- Blossom Dearie
- Swinging in the Rain
- Bird evicted From Treehouse
- Gene Autrey Rides Again. Saville Exchange North Sh...
- John Hallam with the Jeremy McMurray/Roly Veitch Q...
- Bobby Durham R.I.P
- Another Day at The Office for the Chillingham Herd...
- Carol Kidd in Jarrow (on LP)
- MacJazz Says ...
- Ornette Coleman says...
- BBC Blues
- ▼ August ( 29 )
Posting a Comment
Posting a comment.
1) Click on comments (at the foot of the posting.).
2) In the window that appears Click on...O Name/URL.
3) Type your name in the box (URL is optional).
4) Click on PUBLISH YOUR COMMENT.
5) Type the jumbled word verification if asked.
Alternatively, email me - firstname.lastname@example.org.
About this blog - contact details.
Not a very original title, I know; not even an accurate one as my taste, whilst centred around the music of Bird and Diz, extends in many directions and I listen to everything from King Oliver to Chick Corea and beyond. Not forgetting the Great American Songbook the contents of which has provided the inspiration for much great jazz and quality popular singing for round about a century.
The idea of this blog is for you to share your thoughts and pass on your comments on discs, gigs, jazz - music in general. If you've been to a gig/concert or heard a CD that knocked you sideways please share your views with us. Tell us about your favourites, your memories, your dislikes.
Lance (Who wishes it to be known that he is not responsible for postings other than his own and that he's not always responsible for them.)
Contact: email@example.com I look forward to hearing from you.