Bebop Spoken There
“Trad is a sensible name for a soap powder - not for a music" - Chris Barber (Trad Jazz Britannia BBC4 2013.)
“If you have talent, you work. If you have no talent, you work twice as hard!” - Omar Puente (Jazz Journal October 2009.)
TODAY FRIDAY MAY 24
Tuesday, July 08, 2008
Bebop Spoken Here -- Here, being the north-east of England -- centred in the blues heartland of Newcastle and reaching down to the Tees Delta and looking upwards to the Land of the Kilt.
Not a very original title, I know; not even an accurate one as my taste, whilst centred around the music of Bird and Diz, extends in many directions and I listen to everything from King Oliver to Chick Corea and beyond. Not forgetting the Great American Songbook the contents of which has provided the inspiration for much great jazz and quality popular singing for round about a century.
The idea of this blog is for you to share your thoughts and pass on your comments on discs, gigs, jazz - music in general. If you've been to a gig/concert or heard a CD that knocked you sideways please share your views with us. Tell us about your favourites, your memories, your dislikes.
Lance (Who wishes it to be known that he is not responsible for postings other than his own and that he's not always responsible for them.)
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org I look forward to hearing from you.
- ► 2012 ( 1004 )
- ► 2011 ( 899 )
- ► 2010 ( 912 )
- ► 2009 ( 772 )
- Johnny Griffin R.I.P
- Take It To The Bridge - The Chilli
- Meanwhile, Back at The Side...
- Adam Bishop Quartet at The Cluny
- Pee Wee's Blues
- More Canadian Capers - Diana Krall
- Amputation Blues
- Bach Goes to Town. The Virtuoso Trio at Blaydon
- The Buddy Greco Show - Gala Theatre Durham
- Life Goes To a Punch-up
- Come Sway With Me - Michael Bublé at The Arena. ...
- Skylark Flies Over The Rainbow
- William Bone-Hardy R.I.P.
- Pleasant Surprises at the Chilli Arms
- Benny Green on Brubeck
- Rae Brothers New Orleans Jazz Band at Tynemouth
- Bratislava Hot Serenaders at Tynemouth
- Jazz in the Afternoon at Tynemouth
- Vieux Carre at Tynemouth
- MaMa & the Kids at Tynemouth
- Chicago Stompers at Tynemouth
- This I had to Hear!
- The Benny Goodman Story Part 2
- Gene autrey Rides Again
- Remember When
- Barry's Birthday Bash - Chilli Arms
- Inspiration is Where you Find it
- Red Hot Rhythm Makers at Cullercoats
- Kings Reign in Rain
- You Can Choose Your Friends ...
- Papa's Got A Brand New Haircut
- If Shirley Horn Had Been Born in Tokyo...
- Gender Bender
- ▼ July ( 33 )
Posting a Comment
Posting a comment.
1) Click on comments (at the foot of the posting.).
2) In the window that appears Click on...O Name/URL.
3) Type your name in the box (URL is optional).
4) Click on PUBLISH YOUR COMMENT.
5) Type the jumbled word verification if asked.
Alternatively, email me - email@example.com.